Aloo Bhindi Recipe Gujarati
Aloo Bhindi Recipe Gujarati A gravy recipe made from Potato (Aloo) and Lady Finger (Bhindi/Okra) If you have some leftover potatoes and some okra/ladies finger in your fridge then tonight lets toss them together with some Indian masala’s and make Aloo our Bhindi ki sabzi.
To give you a small introduction, aloo bhindi is a gravy dish the place we put together the gravy and add fried potatoes and lady’s finger into it.
The gravy for this dish is a mixture of onions, tomatoes, and cumin seeds. This dish is ready in Punjabi type so I have used ghee for frying the vegetables and garam masala for giving the spicy taste.
Aloo Bhindi Recipe Gujarati
First, the bhindi/ okra and potatoes must be fried separately. This makes sure, that the bhindi’s do not become soggy and after getting the masalas coated in it, gives a beautiful style.
Here is the checklist of ingredients for this recipe. This list serves for Three folks.
• Lady’s Finger – 250 gm
• Potatoes – 2 medium or 1 big
• Tomatoes – 2
• Green chilly – 3
• Garlic – 4-5 slices
• Ginger – 1 slice
• Coriander leaves – ½ cup chopped
• Turmeric Powder – ½ tbsp
• Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
• Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
• Red Chilly powder – ½ tbsp
• Mango Powder – ¼ tbsp ( Optional)
• Salt – 1 tbsp
• Lemon Juice – 2-Three tbsp
Excited? Let’s get started.
Aloo bhindi – Preparation Steps
1. Dice 2 medium sized potatoes/1 large potatoes and 250 gm of lady’s finger into small items.
2. Heat about 2 tbsp of butter or ghee into the pan. As it will get heated, fry the lady’s finger until its sides turn brown. Repeat the same process for the potatoes. Once, they are fried keep them aside.
3. Dice 1 onion, Three green chilies, 4-5 garlic florets, and 1 big slice of ginger.
4. Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a pan. As it will get heated, add in 1 tbsp cumin seeds. As the seeds splutter add in the Three diced green chilies, and crushed ginger and garlic.
5. As the garlic pieces, start turning brown, add in the onions. Add ¼ tbsp of salt to help the onions to lose water faster.
6. As the onions start turning brown, add in ½ tbsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp coriander powder, ½ tbsp red chili powder, and 1 tbsp of garam masala powder. Stir well.
7. Add in the diced tomatoes and sprinkle a little bit of water and close the lid of the pan. Keep a medium flame as you do so.
8. Once the tomatoes are cooked, the gravy turns into thick. Add water in small batches primarily based on the consistency required.
9. As the oil starts leaving the sides of the pan, and the gravy thickens, add within the fried lady’s finger and potatoes and mix it nicely. If wanted add water and let the ingredients cook in it for about 10 min.
10. As you boil, the masalas get settled and the gravy thickens. At this time, add in ¼ tbsp of mango powder.
11. Switch off the flame. Chop some coriander leaves and garnish on high of this dish. Aloo bhindi recipe is able to be served.
Aloo Bhindi is a recipe that may go very well with white rice and roti. My personal favorite is to have it along with rice and curd. Try it out and let me know.
More related Post Link Below